Studio Portrait Photography available at our South Croydon studio.
1 Hour sitting ----- £40
1 hour sitting with all the images supplied as High Res files on a DVD ----- £140
Please contact us for further details
Roll over photo for viewing options
What should I wear for a portrait shoot?
· Wear solid coloured clothing so that we see all of your faces and no one person stands out. If you wear stripes, flowers or bold patterns, you will stand out from the rest of your group.
· Choose muted tones that are a bit subdued so that you are the subject not your clothes and you don’t stand out from the group. Bright colours project (especially reds, oranges, and yellows), which also makes you look larger.
· Choose similar tones for your top and bottom (both dark or both light) so that one doesn't look bigger than the other. White top, dark trousers will make your top look bigger. White Trousers, dark top will make your bottom look bigger!
· Choose 3-4 colours for your group portrait, ones with similar tones that go nicely together and have everyone work within that colour palette. For example: dark green, navy, and burgundy – all dark tones. OR beige, a lighter green, and denims – all lighter, softer tones. So that we see the people first and not all the contrasting colours. Wedding group photos look so good because they’re all wearing the same colours and the people stand out!
· Choose a top with sleeves at least to the elbow because your arms take up more skin area than your face and will draw attention and it may also make your arms look larger.
· Choose long trousers for men/ladies or a skirt below the knee for ladies so that your legs don’t take attention from your faces, and you will be able to sit and bend without showing too much leg.
· Choose dark socks and footwear (unless it’s a barefoot photo) because white or light colours just sticks out like a sore thumb and that’s all you’ll notice in your portrait.
· Keep jewellery simple and minimalistic because too much draws attention from your face.
Useful website for choosing complementary clothing - https://www.pinterest.com/colleenphoto/what-to-wear-family-portraits/